In this article you’ll learn:
- How to connect my Toggl account with Slemma
- How to get data from Toggl
- How to create a chart on Toggl data
From your Slemma account, head over to the Library page and click the plus button at the bottom right. Select Integration from the submenu.
In the following page, you can find Toggl with one of the following ways:
- Scroll down and select Toggl from the list of Integrations.
- Use search to find Toggl from the list of Integrations.
- Choose Toggl using All dropdown list > Other.
You’ll see the Integration settings dialog window. You can select the frequency for the automatic updates on the DATA REFRESH tab, or set weeks settings on the ADVANCED tab. Leave this page open for now – we’ll need it to complete the setup.
Insert your information to the Integration settings window and click OK.
After authorization, you’ll be able to share the integration with either individuals or the entire Team, rename or remove the integration. To view the options available for the integration, right click it in the list.
Dataset is a collection of data in a tabular format that is created on one of the possible data sources. The datasets can be used to create dashboards or individual charts.
To create a dataset, click your Toggl integration in the list and select Browse datasets. From the following page, select which data you want to add to use in your charts.
Click dataset’s name for a detailed description.
|Timer||Time entry description|
|Project||The project name|
|Client||The client name for which the time entry was recorded|
|Workspace||The name of the workspace|
|Task||Task name for which the time entry was recorded|
|Started at||The start time of the time entry|
|Stopped at||The end time of the time entry|
|Is Billable||If the time entry was billable or not|
|Tags||The array of tag names, which assigned for the time entry|
|Currency||Billable amount currency|
|User||The full name of the user whose time entry it is|
|Use Stop||“True” if the stop time is saved on the time entry, depends on user’s personal settings|
|Duration||The time entry duration in seconds|
|Billed Amount||The billed amount|
|Number of Time Entries||Number of Time Entries|
Instead of starting from scratch when building a chart, you can use a pre-built visualization. Simply click one of the templates from the list and it will be added to the dashboard filled with your data. You can then edit and customize this template like a usual chart created by you.
The following templates are available:
- Project Breakout by Total Duration
- Total Duration by Clients
- Total Duration by Timer over the last 7 days
- Total Duration over the last 7 days
- Total Time Spent by day of the week
- Weekly report of timers
NOTE: Cloud Service Integrations have prebuilt data sets that are not editable.
Click a dataset or integration and select Create dashboard/Create saved chart/Create presentation to start building a chart (please note that presentations are available starting from the Standard Plan).
From the next page, you can choose to create your own chart from scratch, or you can apply one of the templates we created.
- If you choose to build a new chart from scratch (“Blank” option), the Chart designer will open. Go here to learn how to create a chart in the Chart designer.
- If you choose a template, a new chart will be added to a dashboard/saved chart/presentation (depending on the way you start the chart creation).